Sunday, 28 October 2012

Universal Carrier Part 1

Part 1

  I haven't Blogged lately as I have been working on my latest model, a 1.35 scale Universal Carrier. as said in my earlier blogs I emailed Bovington as to what the was the first armoured vehicles used in world war 2.
It was the Universal Carrier and the Matilda Tank.


                                              
                                                                 A Tamiya Kit


I am a big lover of Tamiya kits as you can tell. I always manage to get good deals on Ebay for the kits















The pictures above are at various  stages of me putting the kit together the finished kit is pictured below




yes I will be painting this myself but I think I'll ask the Angry Lurker if he would paint the figures for me but will post the finished painted model on here.


The Universal Carrier is very peculiarly British it was copied though by the Australian New Zealand
and the Canadian Armies. it saw service all over the world during WW2  it is regarded with affection by everyone that used her. everyone called her a Bren Gun Carrier which is incorrect. the idea of a Tracked carrier wasn't new, a very simply  version was made near the end of WW1 but it origins can be traced back to a Ford T-powered Carden-Loyd machines of the mid-twenties the company was taken over by Vickers-Armstrong's in 1928.







       

6 comments:

  1. SSSSSh dont say he might hear you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. He told me he'd paint it all for you Vinnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on if you can paint one you can paint the other, it doesn't have to be up to the Angry Lurker standards. I thought I read somewhere you were going to do two of them? The trouble I had with Tamiya is it would take all year to save up for one, but sometime during the next year I'd step on it or drop something heavy on the model, thus breaking them to pieces. I could never get enough to field any sort of force because they cost too much for me. Good deal on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be painting some sci-fi figures soon so will see how I get on but the figures that go with the universal carrier are 1.35 so need someone that knows what they are doing

    ReplyDelete