Saturday, 5 May 2012

Tiger 1 Heavy Tank Part 1

Part 1

if you ask anyone to name a Tank from world war 2  they would probably say a Tiger Tank.
The idea for the Tiger Tank was made in 1941 after the German experience against British Tanks and anti tank guns and also after the German invasion of Russia The Russian T-34 and KW tanks first appeared.


                                                                     
                                                           Tiger 1 Heavy Tank

More then any other tanks it was the British tanks that worried the Germans and British anti tank guns.
A meeting with Hitler in 1941 a design for a heavy Panzer was urgent, the design for the Tiger 1 was surprising  fast. using bits and pieces and designs from other previous tested ideas and from early heavy Panzers.The chassis was made for 30 to 36-ton class of Panzers DW class from Hen-schel & Sohn Gmbh Kassel. The Gun and Turret was designed by F.Krupp AG Essen for the 45 ton Panzer Conceived by Dr ing h.c.f Porsche KG Struttgart.

About year ago my best friends The Angry Lurker and his partner sweetness (called by me because she isn't) they got me a 1.35 scale Tiger 1 Tamiya model which at long last has been put together by myself.



                                                   
                                                               The Tiger 1 kit

    
.                                                                Side View


Front View



Back View

As you can tell I havent painted it yet just need to sort out a carry case so I can transport it to the Angry lurkers man cave where I will paint it under the watchful eye of a expert 








   


                                               


    

12 comments:

  1. Expert my ass, nice one Vinnie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran I only have confidence when your watching

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing this painted. A lot of nice detail on that model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the detail too will put it on when all painted

      Delete
  3. That's pretty cool Vinnie. Would love to see it painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. il def put a picture up when I have painted it

      Delete
  4. I think I made one of these back when I was a teenager (the 1:35 Tiger). I definitely did the Airfix 1:72/1:76 scale. I hate to think what my painting was like back then....

    Look forward to seeing it painted up Vinnie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never painted anything so detailed and big
      but Il will put a picture up when painted

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to seeing it painted up Vinnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you will see it But I wont be rushing it as I never rush at anything LOL

    ReplyDelete